Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Progress...

Meetings are the flavor of the week for me, it seems. Got the ball rolling on a few things I've been in talks about. Looks like I've got a lot of paperwork juggling and presentation writing on the horizon.

That said, I took a temp job and did safety training yesterday evening. It's something I've done before, so I'm happy to be able to return to that world for however long the job lasts. For now, it's on-call, so I have to call in every day at 3am to see if I'm needed. Soon, it should be stable, but these first few weeks will come in fits and starts.

I'm trying to get used to my new sleep schedule and that requires me waking around 3am, calling in to check for work, and if there isn't any work, I have to stay up until daylight so I'm adjusted when it comes time for me to work.

It's strange being awake when nobody else is. The upside is that it gives me uninterrupted time to deal with all the other projects I'm planning for the future. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to get more ducks and geese this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment