Saturday, November 9, 2013

A New Start... and A New Blog to go with it!

I've been threatening for a few years to separate my farm musings from my other random blogging. It seems that this is the time to do so since separation seems to be my life's theme right now.

Last month, I was laid off from the farm I had worked at for the past three years. There are no hard feelings involved, they just weren't making enough to support winter payroll and they were forced to make a choice. I can't hold that against them.

I ended up taking some temp work at a pumpkin patch for October, with potential for work in the spring.

It took me a while to get used to not being at the farm anymore. I tried to keep in touch, stopping in to visit a few times recently. In the end, it seems like divorce is inevitable.

Now I'm looking forward. I may have a line on a temp-to-permanent job that would also bring tuition reimbursement. I would finally be able to finish up Ag school with a little help, so there's upside in that. I'm also working on a potential business proposal. Not sure exactly where that wants to go, but I'm open to exploring options.

In the meantime, I've made my peace with the job layoff, and though I miss the people, I need to respect that they need space right now. I've been working on some creative projects at home, which you'll find information on if you follow my other blog.

For those of you who are just finding this blog:
I'm also a freelance photographer. Check out my work here.

I'm a little sweet on actor Bruce Campbell.

I raise ducks.

Oh, did I mention that I'm a photographer?

I'm also a writer. I don't have a special page for my writing, but here's my non-farm blog!


Thanks for reading! I hope I have plenty of farm adventures to share with you as my journey continues to things unknown!






No comments:

Post a Comment