Monday, November 18, 2013

Adversity

I was hoping to announce an awesome business deal this week. Unfortunately, we hit a big roadblock today. My business partner scrambled all day trying to pick up the pieces while I was making desperate phone calls, looking for advice on how to proceed.

After an unplanned emergency meeting, it was decided that my business partner was going to carry on with or without my help and that we could work something out if I decided to help in some capacity. I'm sleeping on it tonight, but my gut feeling is that the roadblock we hit is going to be the death knell for this venture being that the original intent was for marketing benefit more than profit.

I am thankful tonight for understanding farm contacts, valued friends who don't mind fielding a panicked phone call right after work, and of course, my family who backs me on this adventure I'm undertaking.

Sometimes you have to go through a lot of "No" before you get to "Yes." It's part of having your own business, so I need to get used to it. Now, what to do next? You don't even have to ask. Push forward, put your head down and concentrate on the next thing on the horizon.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment